Here are some ideas. Please add to them and make a commitment to get involved in 2020!
- Get more involved in local environmental efforts. Attend a City Sustainability Coalition meeting. Speak up at City Council on Tuesday nights. If you work in Longmont, ask your business what they are doing to become more sustainable, and/or suggest that they join the Sustainable Business Program.
- Learn about some of the many environmental ballot initiatives (like this one about fracking setbacks) that will be up for debate in 2020.
- Write letters and sign petitions (like this one to end the plastic bag ban preemption) and show up to support the ones you care about.
- Ride the bus for free. Carpool. Walk.
- BYO mug, bag, container, bottle, etc. Shop at Simply Bulk and reduce packaging waste.
- Get more involved with SRL! Become a Board Member. Attend a Zero Waste or Renewable Energy Committee Meeting. Become a monthly donor. Help out at Longmont’s Earth Day on April 25 or by tabling at the Farmers’ Market.